Skip to content

Good Morning, Sarnia! July 5, 2024

449823796_951108577025957_816704760620385088_n
Wednesday evening Canatara Park, Lake Huron Sarnia Yacht Club sailboat race July 03 2024.

Good morning, Sarnia! Start your Friday morning with the latest stories and weather:

Challenging times for small business exports: Chamber’s first Business Summit highlights economic pros and cons

Brian Maxfield appears to be a man of great optimism, but he doesn’t sugar coat the current challenges of exporting his goods and dealing with ever-changing red tape, fees, permits and regulations.

“The cost and expenses of distribution are always a struggle,” he said. “But there are so many fees and all of those costs just funnel right down to the consumer.

Read the full story here.


'All of the history we had' destroyed: Vandals target Sarnia Cricket Club

Members of the Sarnia Cricket Club are grappling with the aftermath of an act of vandalism to a storage shed over the weekend that destroyed more than just their equipment.

Read the full story here.


The Journal welcomes submissions of local photography for publication with our morning greeting. Send yours to [email protected].

Current Weather

Sunny

Sunny

26.2°C

Pressure
101.1 rising
Visibility
16.1 km
Dewpoint
23.1 °C
Humidity
83%
Wind
SSW 13 km/h

Radar Satellite


Hourly Forecast

Today
10 PM
27°C
A few clouds
Today
11 PM
25°C
Partly cloudy
Tomorrow
12 AM
24°C
Partly cloudy
Tomorrow
1 AM
23°C
Partly cloudy
Tomorrow
2 AM
22°C
Mainly cloudy
Tomorrow
3 AM
22°C
Mainly cloudy
Tomorrow
4 AM
22°C
Mainly cloudy
Tomorrow
5 AM
22°C
Chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms
Tomorrow
6 AM
22°C
Chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms
Tomorrow
7 AM
22°C
Chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms
Tomorrow
8 AM
22°C
Chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms
Tomorrow
9 AM
22°C
Chance of showers. Risk of thunderstorms

7 Day Forecast

Chance of showers

Tonight

22 °C

Partly cloudy. 40 percent chance of showers early this evening. 60 percent chance of showers before morning. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light early this evening. Wind becoming southwest 30 gusting to 60 before morning. Low 22.


Chance of showers

Monday

29 °C

A mix of sun and cloud. 60 percent chance of showers in the morning with risk of a thunderstorm. Clearing late in the afternoon. Wind southwest 30 km/h gusting to 60 becoming light in the morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 in the afternoon. High 29. Humidex 39. UV index 9 or very high.


Chance of showers

Monday night

21 °C

A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness late in the evening then 60 percent chance of showers overnight. Risk of a thunderstorm overnight. Wind becoming south 20 km/h near midnight then west 30 gusting to 60. Low 21.


Chance of showers

Tuesday

29 °C

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 29.


Chance of showers

Tuesday night

17 °C

Cloudy periods with 30 percent chance of showers. Low 17.


Chance of showers

Wednesday

23 °C

A mix of sun and cloud with 30 percent chance of showers. High 23.


Clear

Wednesday night

14 °C

Clear. Low 14.


Sunny

Thursday

23 °C

Sunny. High 23.


Clear

Thursday night

13 °C

Clear. Low 13.


Sunny

Friday

24 °C

Sunny. High 24.


Clear

Friday night

16 °C

Clear. Low 16.


Sunny

Saturday

26 °C

Sunny. High 26.


Normals

Low
16 °C
High
28 °C

Sunrise and Sunset

Sunrise
6:04 AM
Sunset
9:07 PM

Based on Environment Canada data